THE HUNGRY TIDEView Cart
Share with Others
Support Pacific Islands by taking action on climate change
1. EDUCATE YOURSELF and OTHERS
- Buy a copy of the film 'the Hungry Tide' and show it to your friends.
- Talk about climate justice in all your networks. Spread messages about your concern on social media.
- Invite a speaker from the Pacific Calling Partnership to your school, community group or church.
- Read articles and reports on the PCP website www.erc.org.au/pcp
- Order PCP resources: DVDs, music CD, and resource kit
2. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE
- Change your own behaviour to cut back on greenhouse gas emissions.
Per capita, the US and Australia are among the world's highest emitters of greenhouse gases. Countries like Kiribati and Tuvalu contribute the least yet are asked to pay the highest price. The more we can do as individuals to conserve energy, the easier the burden on others. So for the sake of our Pacific Island neighbours:
- Turn off lights, use public transport and walk, eat less meat, responsibly use water, use the sun to dry clothes, recycle, and carefully protect the environment in your home, town and nation.
- Support legislation to cut back greenhouse gases and develop clean energy.
3. Join the Pacific Calling Partnership
The Pacific Calling Partnership listens to and responds to messages from Pacific Island Nations on climate change.
4. GIVE FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Donate to the Pacific Calling Partnership or other NGOs advocating for climate justice for the Pacific Islands. Go to www.erc.org.au/pcp for on line donations.
- Donate to Aid and development NGOs conducting education and adaptation programs on Pacific Islands.
5. ADVOCATE FOR CHANGE
- Write to, visit, or phone your Congress Representative or Senator urging him/her to raise the issue in their party AND call for climate justice for front-line vulnerable states, to support Kyoto2.
- Suggest they visit Kiribati or Tuvalu and listen to what people there have to say.
- Write articles and/or letters to newspapers, or on social media supporting the needs of Pacific Island nations.
- Urge your government to take a lead in mobilising the international community to provide appropriate resources for adaptation for front-line vulnerable states by contributing generously to the Green Climate Fund.
6. Sign PCP’s petition or create your own petition
INFORMATION STILL TO COME
© 2012 Specialty Studios. All rights reserved | Site managed by: Dewdrop Media